Monday, December 13, 2004

Red-tailed Hawks and Jeffrey Pines

Jeffrey Pines

I was out taking a walk this morning like I usually do when I noticed some very noisy activity overhead. Two red-tailed hawks were circling the sky. It didn't appear that they were looking for anything in particular. It looked like they were flying around on this beautiful San Diego day just for the fun of it.

I then watched them lunge after other birds invading their territory in the Jeffery Pine trees. The reason I mention all this nature stuff is that this is what inspires me musically. I look up and see the majesty of nature and music just wells up in me. I hear arpeggios, melody lines and textures. I may or may not write it down or go to the piano to play, but walking outside and taking in natural beauty fills my reservoir and keeps me inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment