Friday, May 20, 2005

My Greatest Influence!

Michele Cassou

Michele Cassou is author of the book "Life, Paint, and Passion" among other books. I stumbled upon this unique collection of essays on creativity by mistake one day while I was at a Borders store here in San Diego. At the time, I was trying to understand and overcome blocks to my own creativity.

Reading this book was like a breath of fresh air! Everything she said resonated with me and it gave me permission to let go and let the music tell me where it wants to go. A complete reversal in what I was caught up in (ego gratification). As soon as I learned that I was more important than any piece of music I could create, the burden to be the creator of music left and the joy of being a co-creator took its place. A radical, and I believe, necessary shift in attitude if one wants to enjoy music to its fullest. Find her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment