Sunday, October 16, 2005

Picture Prompts for New Age Piano


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case, the beginning of a New Age piano improvisation/composition.

I'm thinking about doing something called "Picture Prompts" where every week or so, I'll post a picture to this weblog and give some sort of assignment. For example, I might use this picture and give you some guidelines like:

Create an improvisation based on this picture. Use the Key of G. Use only 3 chords, G Maj 7, A min. 7, and C Maj. 7. Play for at least 3 minutes.

If this is something you might want, let me know and I'll include it as a regular feature. Or, if you have suggestions of your own, let me know by posting a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:11 PM

    I think it might be a very good idea indeed to post a picture . I always find it most challenging to try to picture something when I sit a the piano ,so this might prove very valuable indeed.

    ReplyDelete