Friday, February 16, 2007

How To Create a Solo Piano CD - A Step by Step Approach!

So, you want to know how someone creates an entire solo piano CD. It seems like a monumental task - and it is unless you break it down! Here's how I do it step by step.

Step One
The first thing I do is find the concept. I also consider this the most important aspect to creating an entire "album" of songs or pieces. Why? Because this is what gives you inspiration! For example, when I created my 2 CDs La Jolla Suite and Anza-Borrego Desert Suite, the first thing I did was find the concept or title I would be using for the CD - in this case the 2 names you just read above.

You see, having this to start with gives you encouragement and inspiration to go on. This is because you can "see" the finished product. I remember quite well how excited I was when I first came up with the idea for "La Jolla Suite." La Jolla is a section of San Diego (a very beautiful section) that gave me all the artistic flow and energy I needed for completing it.

Click here to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment