Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Inspiration and New Age Piano Playing

I have a book of nature pictures that sits on my piano. Usually, I'll look at a picture that gives me inspiration before I play. Not always, but most of the time, this is enough to put me in "right brain" mode and transport me to a place where words are not needed. This place is a place of emotion and pure inspiration. I place my fingers on the piano keyboard and play a chord that calls to me. And the magic begins.

We all need to be inspired. For me, nature does it. What inspires you? Do you think of a special place or person? Or is it a memory of days gone by? Whatever it is, we can use these emotion filled experiences as a springboard for New Age improvisation or composition. Anything that will get you to stop thinking and enter the realm of feeling is OK. Once inspired, the intuition takes over and the journey begins.

What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment