Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Age Piano Interview: Rachel Currea
















The following is an interview with New Age pianist/composer Rachel Currea.

Edward: How Did You Get Started Playing New Age Piano?

Rachel: I started composing at age 19 in this style before I even knew what New Age Piano was or even that it existed. My world was very intensely classical and I just began composing to play something melodic and relaxing.

Edward: What Inspires You and Informs Your Music?

Rachel: Lately the films featuring the music of Philip Glass inspire me. His music never fails to jumpstart my creative juices. However, generally my meditation practice helps with the creative process.

Edward: What Is Your Method for Composing a Piano Piece?

Rachel: Catch the slipstream. By that I mean to... Read the rest of this interview at http://www.quiescencemusic.com/rachelc.html

No comments:

Post a Comment