Friday, May 23, 2008

Interview with New Age Pianist Jim Gibson

The following is from an interview I did with Jim. I asked 5 questions I wish I had the answers to when I first started playing piano in the New Age style. Enjoy!

Edward: How Did You Get Started Playing New Age Piano?

Jim: I My mother was a piano teacher, so I just grew up playing...had a job playing for a small church in the country near my hometown (Columbus, GA) during high school, and just "fell into" playing with a dance band while I was in college. I majored in English, got an MA in English, but was playing jobs all the while, and eventually left teaching just to be a full-time commercial pianist (in Atlanta). I've been doing that since the early '70s--playing all kinds of social and commercial piano jobs...some with bands, some with small combos, many just piano.I got interested in New Age music when...

Click here to read the rest of this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment