Monday, June 30, 2008

Sheet Music with Video = Understanding


Many students love the ability to actually see how a piece of sheet music comes to life on the piano.

"Under the Sycamore" is a lesson piece I created to show students how to play a crossover pattern while improvising a right hand octave melody.

I turned it into sheet music because it was easy enough for me to do. It's not that difficult a piece to translate into notes. And since I use Finale notepad to do it, I have to add in the notes manually. A labor of love really.

Anyway, for those of you who can only play this via sheet music, I invite you to learn how to use chords to create this kind of music on your own.

Find the sheet music for this here. You'll also see the link where you can see me playing this piece on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment