Saturday, October 11, 2008

Setting Piano Performance Goals - An Idea

I've been trying to get a new CD out for quite a long time now. Truth is, I'm not as motivated as I used to be. And I can find a thousand excuses for not sitting down at the piano and playing.

It's not that I don't know how to set goals. In fact, I'm pretty good at it. I write down what I want to accomplish along with the date I want it to be done.

The problem is actually getting my butt on the piano bench and staying for the required time period.

So, I have an idea. Why not make it accountable. Tell one person or a group of persons that you will do a certain activity and report back to them after it's done. There's something about telling someone else you'll be doing something that makes getting out of doing it a lot harder.

My idea is to start a group or add a section to my message board where we can do this for each other. If you like this idea, let me know and I'll set it up.

1 comment:

  1. Try using Joe's Goals - http://www.joesgoals.com/

    ReplyDelete