Friday, November 07, 2008

Watch As I Turn These 2-Bars Into a Full-Fledged Piano Composition!



On Monday, November 24 2008, I give my next piano lesson. What I will teach you is how to take 2-bars and then turn it into a complete piano composition!

Don't worry. It's a lot easier than it looks. Actually, the 2-bars you see above is just a rhythmic pattern I came up with on one of my daily walks in nature. I scribbled the pattern down and when I got home, went to the piano, played around with some notes from the Key of G Major and came up with the simple melody you see here.

This "method" of capturing a rhythmic pattern as an initial idea is really an excellent one as it allows you to notate musical ideas quickly and easily.

Anyway, if you'd like for me to show you how to do this, don't miss my next piano lesson. You can sign up for the course now for just $4.97 at http://www.quiescencemusic.com/ or join my mailing list and I'll let you know when I post the new lesson.

-- Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment