Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Forest Guitar Disappointing

Usually, I get excited when I see a CD cover as good as this one. I think it's going to be some beautiful acoustic guitar music with nature sounds. Something I could probably listen to - literally forever.

But here's the strange thing. This CD contains guitar yes, but it's not soothing or tranquil. First of all, it's played on a steel string. I have nothing against the steel string guitar. But for a CD like this, I would have preferred nylon string.

It has a much gentler, sweeter tone and is used by classical guitarists. Plus, the music here really isn't my forte either. Guess I thought it would be as good as my beloved "Forest Piano" by John Herberman. It's not.

You can listen to tracks from this CD here http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Forest%20Guitar:1921650298

What do you think? It's got other instrumentation besides guitar too which isn't too smart me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment