Monday, March 07, 2011

Banned from Piano World

Well, it finally happened. I was banned from Piano World. Many didn't like what I had to say about the topic 'Piano Masterclass - Helpful or Absurd' so when enough people complained - they pulled the plug on me.

Which is fine by me I guess.

I never really fit in there, but like others, used the forum to fill spare time and fight boredom.
But now they can have an environment that contains little or no diversity. It's all classical all the time. Which is strange since the name of the forums is 'Piano World.'
I have nothing against the owner, Frank Baxter, but some of the moderators over there are nothing but errand boys sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill. :)
Cowards really as I never broke any forum 'rules.' The only thing I did 'wrong' was to have a strong opinion. The opinion of someone who has discovered and approachd music a completely different way then what most are used to.
But live and let live I say.
If any of you are members over there, say hi for me. :)

P.S. Just noticed that the errand boy Kreisler posted a link to this blog. Good little errand boy. Your grocery clerks are now appeased. Thanks for the traffic by the way. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edward,

    Sorry to hear you were banned from Piano World. It just shows that many people are stuck in a rut and when change comes along it throws them into a spasm.

    I cannot believe that you would have had enough spare time to need to fill it in such a boring way. There are better things out there for you to do with your own special Music. Creative people on their own journey don't need groups like that anyway, connect with like minds and those on the same wave length and you will grow and progress with happiness. Then who knows what you will produce?

    Regards Crystal

    ReplyDelete