Friday, March 18, 2005

House Concerts - A Perfect Venue for New Age Piano!

They used to call them parlor concerts in Beethoven's day.

Now we have something called house concerts. This self-explanatory term is a god-send for New Age pianists. What could be more perfect for this style of playing then someones living room?

I first came upon this idea while trying to find venues to perform "La Jolla Suite" in. It's a good idea if you know someone who has a decent piano. More information on House Concerts..

P.S. I'm thinking about putting together a house concert list for New Age piano. If anyone knows of any potential venues, i.e, someone willing to share their living room and piano for a concert, please email me and let me know. I'll post the list on this blog and my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment