Thursday, September 21, 2006

Beware of Piano Lesson Comparison Websites

Have you ever done a Google search for the term "piano lessons?" If so, you'll come up with paid results that describe a service that compares piano lessons sites on the internet. One thing that these sites don't tell you... they're biased and skewed to point you towards the advertisers own website.

Don't fall for it. One site I see popping up all the time is Rocket Piano. Think of it this way. If their site is so great, how come it's not in the organic listings?

1 comment:

  1. Greetings all, I have experienced "Rocket Piano." I believe that for those people who just want to learn and watch how to play other people's music, this is a good site. I love the Beatles and although I can read music, I always want to know how someone else stylizes a piece. I have the sheet music for "Let It Be, by the Beatles," this sheet music uses lots of slash chords. The Rocket Piano Player uses fifths on the right hand or 3rds and the base note on the left hand. I find the slash chords in the sheet music easier to use. But you get a good feel of rhythm, timing and hand position by watching them play a piece. The good thing is that you can rewind as many times as you need to, to learn your favorite piece. The goSeeing and hearing is always better than just hearing it. So for that purpose and for those type of players, Rocket Piano is the way to go. It all depends on what you are looking to accomplish. At this time in my life, I am looking to free my music playing and learn to improvise by ear, therefore, Edward Weiss is the way to go! Miriam Tierno

    ReplyDelete