Friday, February 20, 2009

Are You a Piano Procrastinator?

Are you like me? Do you have certain things you want to accomplish at the piano but just can't seem to do it?

If so, you may be interested in the new forum I've set up titled "Piano Procrastinator's." Basically, the idea is if you feel accountable to others for a goal you've set, the chances of actually completing that goal greatly increases!

Here's part of the first post in the new forum:

How Piano Procrastinator's works ... It's easy! We just set goals and encourage each other to achieve them.

For example, let's say you want to create a piano CD of your own music. That's a lofty goal. But one that can be achieved if you set a date of completion and then schedule daily activities to further that goal.

Now for the accountablity part. Each day, I will post on my own topic and tell you whether or not I've done my daily activity(s). Now, I'm not going to be a perfectionist here, but you get the idea. If I haven't done it, I'll tell you why. This is a good working method.

My goal is to have a finished CD of new piano music by September 2009. A realistic goal IF I actually spend time at the piano. Quiescence Music members have free access to this forum. Not a member yet? Visit http://www.quiescencemusic.com now for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment