Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How Do You Compose?


Here's an interesting thread started at the Piano World forums about how to compose at the piano.

I started posting at Piano World a few months ago. Although I've been a member forever, I decided to start contributing my own philosophy and tidbits there as well.

Of course, a lot of what I have to say isn't taken seriously over there since we're dealing with "serious" musicians who spend many hours per day practicing and playing other people's music.

I even got into it a couple of time with people who put down the "new age" piano style.

Anyway, click here to read this very interesting thread. I also posted my own method of composing.

Edward Weiss is a pianist/composer and webmaster of Quiescence Music's online piano lessons. He has been helping students learn how to play piano in the New Age style for over 14 years and works with students in private, in groups, and now over the internet. Visit http://www.quiescencemusic.com/ now and get a FREE piano lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment