Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Another New Age Piano Teacher?



Just found this video on YouTube. Her name is Susan Capestro and yes, she teaches New Age piano. Or at least I think she includes it in the other styles of piano she teaches.

What I like about this video is how slow she goes in teaching hand coordination. Basically, you have a black key ostinato pattern going on in the left-hand while the right plays melody notes. An excellent introduction to improvisation for those new to the piano! Susan's website is at http://wholeoctave.com/

P.S. If you have problems watching this video, let the whole thing load first. Then watch. :)

4 comments:

  1. Neat, this are so rare to find. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this here! It's the first and only "New Age" tutorial I've done, so far. You can download sheet music for it: http://www.wholemusiclessons.com/wml/docman/cat_view/64-integral-inspirations
    I help pianists integrate classical, jazz and contemporary piano skills at my other website, wholemusiclessons.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure Susan! Anytime I see someone teaching and/or who appreciates the New Age piano style is a real treat for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like about this video is how slow she goes in teaching hand coordination. Basically, you have a black key ostinato pattern going on in the left-hand while the right plays melody notes

    ReplyDelete