Friday, July 01, 2011

Major Improvement Coming Tuesday!

Well, the spammers have been at it - again. The QM student forums are now being used by those who think creating a profile will help them get hits to their website. Enough. I’m done with it.

But … I’m not giving up.

Here’s my idea. I’m going to open up the Yahoo Group ‘newagepianist’ (the one you’re already a member of) to posts. If you have a question for me or just want to start a discussion, you can. Of course, you can also email me privately but this will create a sense of community for all of us.

The great thing about Yahoo groups is you can choose how you would like to receive email. Here are your options:

Individual Email
The option to choose if you want to get each group message and special notice individually and immediately, as it is posted.

Daily Digest
The option to choose if you want to see all messages but limit the amount of email you receive. We'll compile an email of up to 25 messages and send daily (special notices too!).

Special Notices - Receive only important email notices from the group moderator.

Web Only - Don't get notified of the latest happenings. Read messages only on the web

To access and change options to suit your taste, just visit the group homepage at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/newagepianist and click the ‘edit membership’ link at the top of the page. Scroll down a little and you can ‘tick’ off the option that best suits you.

I think this will work much better than the old forums. The change will go into effect on Tuesday, July 5, 2011.

Sincerely,
Edward Weiss
Quiescence Music

P.S. I’m going to be moderating all messages before they go out so you don’t have to worry about receiving spam.

P.P.S If you just want to receive notices from me, for example, when I post new lessons etc, just click the ‘special notices’ option.

No comments:

Post a Comment